While paging through a Health Magazine a few weeks ago I came across a recipe for Lemony Shrimp with White Beans and Couscous and I knew I wanted to try it (with a few minor modifications)
- Half Package of Trader Joe’s harvest Grains
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 15.5-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
In a saucepan, bring 1 3/4 cups water and 1 tbsp of butter to a boil. Stir in the half the package of the grains in and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until they begin to turn pink, about 3 minutes.
Stir in the beans, parsley, lemon juice, the remaining butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with the grains
This is a quick and nutritious meal with a ton of flavor and will make great leftovers for during the week!