Tonight is the one evening this week that we don’t have anything going on, so we took full advantage of it and got more packing done. This is what our dining room currently looks like:
The mess is starting to get to me a bit but Thursday will be here soon enough! Since about 90% of our kitchen is packed cooking is challenging, we opted to order pizza from our favorite place. Tonight’s flavor- pepperoni and mushroom on one half and sausage and green olives on the other.
Pizza, how I love thee. But only if cut in slices and with a bit of a thicker crust. I am super picky about my pizza and really dislike pizza cut in squares on a soggy crust. Ick!
What is your pizza place of choice and toppings?
Since I know it is going to be a crazy, crazy week I made a huge batch of granola for Mike and I to snack on and enjoy as part of our breakfasts this week. I found a basic granola recipe in Body and Soul Magazine
- 6 cups Old fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cup of chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup of flaxseed meal
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 Large Egg Whites
- 3/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 3/4 cup of Agave
- 1/3 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup of Dried Fruit, chopped (I used cherries)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine oats, nuts seeds, flax and cinnamon in large bowl. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites and salt until frothy. Whisk in the sweetener and the olive oil. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and stir until the oats are evenly coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes, gently stir. Continue to cook until golden, about 10 minutes more.
- Cool completely on pan, add in dried fruit and store in a container.