Shopping and Sushi

May 6, 2010

We were good this morning and got up and went to the gym, the alarm went off at 5:30 and I made myself get out of bed. It was worth it! I always have so much more energy the mornings that I workout. Today was 30 minutes of cardio on the Arc Trainer while listening to some podcasts and it was leg day:

Leg Extension, 1 leg at a time (2×12)

Front Squat (2×10)

Lunges (2×12)

Leg Curl (2×10)

Seated Calf Raise, 1 leg at a time (2×10)

Standing Calf Raise (2×12)

I know I will be feeling this later, especially in the hamstrings. While getting ready in the locker room the following statement was heard “I have lost 35 pounds already and I get to go off my blood pressure medication”. Yeah!! That is the first positive thing I have heard in the locker room in quite some time or maybe even ever. It put a smile on my face.

Hunger was very apparent by the time I got to work and I made breakfast as quickly as possible, 2 pieces of whole wheat toast (that I only ended up eating 1 of) and a Blueberry Chobani with flax and chia seeds. With the addition of the seeds and sitting for a few minutes while I ate my toast I noticed that it got VERY thick. So tasty!

And in a nice surprise for lunch I went and met Mike for  some shopping and sushi, we went to Tiger Sushi and shared the dynamite roll and the sashimi platter. The quality of the sushi was really good, the fish was fresh and great tasting.

I ran to Nordstrom Rack and picked up 2 dresses, 2 shirts, 2 sportsbras and 3 workout tops for $124 dollars! I love good deals :) Workout clothes are so expensive and I refuse to pay full price for them, the Rack usually has pretty good deals on them. Instead of paying $50 dollars for 1 top I end up paying $20.

Now I am off to tackle my very long to do list!

{ 14 comments… read them below or add one }

Dotsie May 6, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Mmmm, sushi!! Great pics of it.

I love over hearing comments like that in the locker room!!

Dotsie May 6, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Mmmm, sushi!! Great pics of it.

I love over hearing comments like that in the locker room!!

Candice May 6, 2010 at 3:30 pm

The locker room at my gym has a quote on the wall “Live the Life You Imagine.” It reminds me that I can’t just sit back and wish for something. I need to get out there make it happen with health and all things in life.
.-= Candice´s last blog ..It’s Over! =-.

Candice May 6, 2010 at 3:30 pm

.-= Candice´s last blog ..It’s Over! =-.

Fit Chick in the City May 6, 2010 at 3:53 pm

Sounds like you made some really great purchases!
.-= Fit Chick in the City´s last blog ..Sweet Charity =-.

Fit Chick in the City May 6, 2010 at 3:53 pm

Sounds like you made some really great purchases!
.-= Fit Chick in the City´s last blog ..Sweet Charity =-.

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) May 6, 2010 at 7:07 pm

I love sushi!! Too bad my hubby doesn’t. :( I guess there’s more for me! Good for you for going to the gym!!!

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) May 6, 2010 at 7:07 pm

Erika May 6, 2010 at 7:42 pm

I LOOOVE Nordstrom’s Rack!! I’ve never been to Tiger Sushi, but if you guys were at MOA (that’s the only N.R. I know of…) I’ve always been intrigued by it sitting right there in the middle of the walkway! I am really enjoying this new adventure with meat, and more importantly FEELING so much better, but I haven’t tried sushi yet! Any recommendations in the Uptown area besides Fuju-Ya?
.-= Erika´s last blog ..I’m FREE!! =-.

Erika May 6, 2010 at 7:42 pm

.-= Erika´s last blog ..I’m FREE!! =-.

Mo May 7, 2010 at 9:03 am

What a fun mid day date! Great food and great deals – gotta love that!
.-= Mo´s last blog ..Cinco de Mayo =-.

Mo May 7, 2010 at 9:03 am

What a fun mid day date! Great food and great deals – gotta love that!
.-= Mo´s last blog ..Cinco de Mayo =-.

Kate May 8, 2010 at 7:20 am

tiger in the mall was my first sushi expereince. memories! i used to have a friend who worked at nordstrom. he’d know when they would move stuff from the store to the rack. it was the best! we’d go the day after and get super good deals.

hope your weekend is off to a lovely start!
.-= Kate´s last blog ..super exciting friday night =-.

Kate May 8, 2010 at 7:20 am

hope your weekend is off to a lovely start!
.-= Kate´s last blog ..super exciting friday night =-.