Se Salt

September 12, 2010

With Chris and Ivy in town we had the opportunity to get to a few of the restaurants that have been on our list for quite some time. Se Salt was pretty high on that list. Se Salt took over the concession stand at the Minnehaha Falls and turned bland park fare into something people wait in line hours for! At noon on a fall Saturday we waited about 15 minutes to order and another 20 minutes for the food but it was 100% worth it.

IMG_0172

IMG_0173

IMG_0174

IMG_0175

IMG_0177

Se Salt specializes in fish, so fish is what we all ordered. I had the shrimp basked with fruit and cole slaw, the boys each had tacos and a cup of the seafood chowder, Ivy had seafood gumbo and we all split some calamari. The batter for the fish was delicious, it was nice and golden brown and had great crunch. There is something about sitting outside on a beautiful fall day, having good food and just enjoying the last few nice days before the snow starts falling. Our meal at Se Salt was the perfect lunch and a great place to take friends visiting. I wish we could have tried it sooner.

IMG_0196

IMG_0197

IMG_0198

IMG_0200

IMG_0201

10 Responses to “Se Salt”

1. Jenna says:

I am drooling over your lunch. The fish tacos have my vote!

2. Jenna says:

I am drooling over your lunch. The fish tacos have my vote!

3. Nicholas says:

My wife and I finally visited Sea Salt for the first time a couple of weeks ago as well and were very impressed. I had the grilled catfish po’boy and absolutely loved it. We enjoyed the calamari fries too, but at $8 and too large to split between us, we may not get those again unless we’re with a larger party.

It is “Sea Salt”, by the way, as far as I know (and according to their web site). The sign had me a bit confused too, until I followed the blue lettering for the first word.

4. Nicholas says:

5. Haha I hate correcting people on their own blogs, but Nick is right – it’s Sea Salt. I blame poorly designed menu board for the mass confusion.

In my opinion…. Sea Salt just doesn’t do it. Their tacos are wimpy, and so is their menu. The service is slow. Boooo.

Haha. I’m clearly just being a meany. Being that I work for the other, better, on the lake seafood restaurant in Minneapolis, I have a strong bias. ;) I am 100% positive it was a lovely night!

(but I still say you and Mike need to come to the TF!)

6. Haha I hate correcting people on their own blogs, but Nick is right – it’s Sea Salt. I blame poorly designed menu board for the mass confusion.

(but I still say you and Mike need to come to the TF!)

7. We were just there a few weeks ago – I had the shrimp po boy – AMAZING!!!

8. We were just there a few weeks ago – I had the shrimp po boy – AMAZING!!!

9. Mo@MommyRD says:

Ooh, that looks like my kinda place. I can’t believe how many cool places there are in Minneapolis now.

10. Mo@MommyRD says: