Mo had pulled out a bunch of intriguing recipes for us to look for and decide what we wanted for dinner on Saturday evening. Putting two food bloggers in a kitchen together can be really dangerous! It was like we were just in sync, prepping food together and talking about all the flavors we like.
For our main course we decided on Scallops with a green tea cream, a great dinner for a Saturday evening.
- 1/3 cup crème fraîche
- 1 1/4 teaspoons matcha (Japanese green tea powder), divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Hungarian hot paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 18 large sea scallops (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fleur de sel or other sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh chervil (optional)
1. Place crème fraîche in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Add 1/2 teaspoon matcha, lemon juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and paprika, stirring with a whisk.
2. Combine remaining 3/4 teaspoon matcha and ground ginger in a fine mesh sieve over a bowl; press ginger mixture through sieve. Sprinkle the ginger mixture evenly over scallops.
3. Heat a large heavy skillet over high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Arrange half of scallops in a single layer in pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned and desired degree of doneness. Remove scallops from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and scallops. Arrange 3 scallops and about 1 tablespoon crème fraîche mixture on each of 6 plates. Sprinkle evenly with fleur de sel and chervil, if desired.
We enjoyed a Layer Cake Primitivo while cook and with dinner. Such a great nice full bodied red
This was a great foodie dinner, the combination of putting two food bloggers in the kitchen together!