Last night I took pictures of a friend’s son at his rehearsal for his upcoming dance recital this weekend. Alex is 6 and participates in pre-ballet and pre-tap and is the only little boy! Good for him for getting out there and trying something different. His future wife will probably appreciate that he is more coordinated. An hour and a half later Alex asked if we wanted to go out to dinner with him. It is pretty hard to say no to a 6 year old and we headed to Applebee’s. Hey. Alex picked and he likes Applebee’s. I will admit that it has been at least 15 years since I have been to one. The verdict? The food is seriously nasty. The significant other ate about 3 bites of his meal and I had about the same. Oh well. It is the company that matters especially when you have a 6 year old and a 3 year old excitably telling you about their day and giving you hugs and letting out that amazing laugh that only a kid can do. At least dinner was cheap! We did the 2 for $20 deal Will I be going back to Applebee’s anytime soon. Heck no.
I now have at least 100 photos to edit and figure out which ones are the best representation of Alex dancing to Dream and Mr. Sandman. That will be a few hours of my Sunday. So what is on tap for the rest of the weekend? Hopefully grilling out tonight (if the rain holds off) and enjoying some wine. Saturday is a workout and then visiting a few wineries with my friend Jess and Sunday a drive down to Rochester to visit a family member at Mayo.
I love those email surveys that go around and when I saw Tina post one on her blog I wanted to play along:
1. What is your best friend’s Mom’s name? Donna
2. Where is the weirdest place you have a mole? I have so many of them, I am a fair skinned blonde. But I do have a very large birthmark on my back right shoulder.
3. Who was the hottest teacher you ever had? Mr Sadoff.
4. Have you ever made out in a movie theater? Of course.
5. What body part do you wash first? I use a pouf in the shower so I start with my right arm.
6. Do you hover over the toilet in public bathrooms? Nope. There are so many places that have me more worried about germs.
7. What’s the strangest talent you have? My ability to belch very loudly.
8. Do you have an innie or an outtie? An innie.
9. Do you parallel park or drive around the block? I can parallel park in 3 moves. Seriously! I had a car in college and parking was a challenge.
10. Which shoe do you put on first? My right even though I am left handed.
11. Have you ever been cow-tipping or snipe-hunting? No. I live in a metro area of almost 3 million.
12. If you had to choose to not ever wash your bed sheets again or not wash your bath towel ever again, which would you rather not wash? Ewww to both. Maybe towel since you spend more time on sheets.
13. What was your childhood nickname? I have never been a big nickname person, Issa for a while
14. When is the last time you played the air guitar? I don’t know if I have ever played the air guitar
15. Have you ever bitten your toenails? Eww. No. My toenails have been painted continuously since I was 16
16. How do you eat your cookie? I just take a bite
17. When working out at the gym, do you wear a belt? Why? Although there is a strange guy I see that wears jean shorts and a belt while on the treadmill.
18. Name something you do when you’re alone that you wouldn’t do in front of others. Sing in the car, dance in the car, talk to myself.
19. How often do you clean out your ears? Everyday. I know you aren’t supposed to use Q-Tips anymore but I hate having any water in my ears.
20. Do you scrunch or fold your toilet paper? Scrunch
21. Do you have any strange phobias? Spiders. They make me cry. I found one in the shower yesterday morning and went to get cleaner so I could spray it and kill it.
22. If you had to make up a question because it annoys you that the survey was missing question #22, what question would you ask? What small thing makes you the happiest?
23. Do you freak out when you feel a sneeze coming on while you’re driving? Nope. I even sneezed in the car this morning on the way in.