It had been quite some time since I had made my own granola, I love it and occasionally purchase it but it is so much better when I control the ingredients and what goes in it.
Yesterday afternoon I spent a few hours in the kitchen, I had my apron on, the music blasting, was still not showered from that morning workout. I loved every second of those few hours. Enjoying all the stress relief and the great smells.
I know what Scott and I will be eating all week for breakfasts…
- 2½ cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon apple pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl mix the oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, brown sugar, cinnamon, apple pie spice, salt and raisins.
- Over low heat combine apple sauce, agave and vegetable oil.
- Combine with the oats until everything is coated well.
- Spread in a single layer on a cookie sheets and bake for 50 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool and store in a resealable container.