My love of quinoa is well documented, it is a staple in our house and it is the dish that I bring to almost every social gathering. I really want everyone to know how good it is. An easy to prepare protein and complex carb. The possibilities are endless.
This has been great for lunches this week! Light, refreshing and packed with vegetables. I adapted this from Bon Appetit and considered not adding the mint but it ads just the right flavor.
Quinoa, Garbanzo and Spinach Salad with Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Keywords: entree salad vegetarian gluten-free quinoa
Ingredients (Serves 8-10)
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups (packed) baby spinach leaves
- 2 15- to 16-ounce cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 unpeeled English hothouse cucumber, cut into small pieces
- 1-pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (packed) fresh mint leaves
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely crumbled feta cheese (about 7 ounces), divided
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Place quinoa in large saucepan; add enough salted water to cover quinoa by 1 inch. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until quinoa is tender, 15 to 16 minutes. Drain. Chill until cool.
Combine spinach leaves, garbanzos, cubed cucumber, halved tomatoes, mint leaves, and half of feta cheese in extra-large bowl.
Add cooled quinoa and toss gently to blend.
Whisk vinegar and smoked paprika in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat.
Season generously with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle remaining feta over.