Another month and another recipe from the Secret Recipe Club, this month I had Amanda of Fake Ginger a busy mom of 3 boys who makes delicious looking baked goods. I am envious, I really don’t bake much, but I had 5 recipes printed out from her blog.
My favorite was the S’mores Granola Bars. Gooey, sticky, chocolaty goodness. It’s a granola bar so that makes it healthy right Not so much. These bars when just a bit warm with the melted chocolate and marshmallow are heavenly.
Next time you want a fun, kid friendly but adults still love kind of treat, make these! I served these as more of a dessert and they only lasted two days.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2¼ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1¼ cups marshmallows
- In a medium-sized saucepan set over medium heat, melt and stir together the butter, sugar, and syrup, cooking until the sugar has dissolved. Stir in oats, flour, salt, and graham cracker crumbs.
- Press slightly more than half of the mixture into a lightly greased 9 x 9 inch pan. Let cool completely. Preheat the oven to 350F. Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top, then the marshmallows. Top with remaining crust mixture. Bake the bars for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let them rest for 20 minutes, then cut into squares or bars while still slightly warm.