There is something about fresh fruit in the summer that makes me so happy! Raspberries are one of my favorites and I usually prefer to just it them right out of the container! However, there are so many things to make that are quick and easy.
Driscoll’s sent me a few coupons for fresh raspberries, Scott and I picked them up and eat all of them within a few days but we did use raspberries as part of the dishes for my shower on Sunday.
-Add them to a fruit salad, the more the merrier and you have to love all antioxidants you would get from this bowl.
Sangria, champagne punch, even float a few in a mimosa. Seriously delicious!
Or check the pretty extensive recipe and video section of the Driscoll’s website. They have so many great ideas! With my love of quinoa I will be making this:
Quinoa Pilaf with Raspberries
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 3/4 cups quinoa
- 1/8 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/2 cups finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cups finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cups dried currants
- 1 package (6 ounces) Driscoll’s Raspberries
- In a medium saucepan, combine broth, quinoa and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Fold parsley, walnuts, currants and raspberries gently into hot quinoa.
- Let stand covered 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- Substitute couscous for quinoa. Adjust broth amount and cook time according to couscous package directions.