The chickpea is pretty fantastic, cheap, easy to incorporate into salads and just so darn good. Yet another chickpea salad (I think there is at least 7 in the recipe archives) and this one is inspired by Herbivoracious. I know I have mentioned this cookbook 8 million times but it is so darn good!
This is a quick and easy meatless dinner. Great for a party or on hot days when you just don’t want to cook.
Chickpea and Roasted Red Pepper Salad
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Keywords: no cook salad entree vegetarian
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1 cucumber, finely diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, chopped
- 8 ounces feta
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 7-10 basil leaves, torn
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup flavored olive oil, such as Basil
Add everything to a large bowl, toss with salt/pepper and serve immediately or chill for a few hours.