I really wanted to take the time over the weekend and write a bunch of posts about Thailand, get in the kitchen and cook, get 2 workouts in and relax. None of that happened. We ended up being busier than we thought, had some last minute family gatherings and we had almost food in the house until last night around 7.
Sometimes your best plans just don’t happen and that is ok. So you get a few of my unorganized thoughts:
- I don’t want to eat rice for a really really long time. I didn’t love rice before Thailand and now I like it even less. Way too much rice with my meals.
- I thought not working out for 2 weeks would drive me crazy, but I did ok. We did a lot of walking and ate pretty healthy so I feel pretty good.
- We did get a workout in Saturday morning but my gym is closed for a week, the nearest one is at least 20 minutes away and my yoga membership starts again on Tuesday. Having Sunday and Monday off isn’t that big of deal. But I can’t wait to get back to my normal routine.
- Grocery shopping when you haven’t gone in a month gets really expensive. It was $120 for 2 weeks and we didn’t even get our normal amount of fruits and vegetables.
- Jet lag from Asia is insane. I still don’t feel like I am on a normal time schedule and sleep has been a major challenge.
- As amazing as it was to be gone for 2 weeks it feels so good to be home. We missed the dogs so much!
- Cooking will resume with dinner tonight and that makes me so happy.