Having a few healthy, fast and vegetarian friendly salads in your repertoire is essential. Need a last minute dinner, or something to bring for an event? This broccoli salad with white beans and a red wine vinaigrette is perfect for those last minute needs.
It comes together in about 10 minutes, has pretty minimal prep work, will make most vegetarians happy and other than the fresh broccoli can be made with common pantry ingredients.
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 can cannelini beans
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 4 tbsp sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Steam or microwave broccoli florets until cooked through but still slightly crisp. Add to a large bowl.
- Top the broccoli with the beans, shallot, sun dried tomatoes and sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, mustard, salt/pepper.
- Pour over the broccoli mixture and chill for at least 1 hour.