You say the word Brussels Sprouts and you will get my attention, Scott’s and Tanner and Clifford’s too. We have 2 veggie loving dogs and Clifford might run a marathon for a Brussels Sprout. He likes them raw and you give him one of those and he just goes to town. I am 100% aware we have weird dogs!
We had this salad as part of Valentines dinner and for lunches on Friday. Shredded Brussels sprouts, a bit of parmesean cheese, pomegranate and pepitas for a bit of crunch. Add in a homemade dressing and you have one healthy, antioxidant packed meal.
It doesn’t hurt that is so pretty too! The Oxo handheld slicer can in pretty darn handy for this.
Brussels Sprout Salad with Pomegranate
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Keywords: salad vegetarian
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1/4 cup high quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, finely shredded
- Seeds from 1 small pomegranate (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesean cheese
- 1/4 cup pepitas
In a bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, lemon zest and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Add the shredded Brussels sprouts, pomegranate seeds, shredded cheese, pepitas. Serve right away.
The winner of the Special K Giveaway was Heather, I will email you. Congrats!