I participated in an Influencer Activation Program on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for the Beef Checkoff. I received products to facilitate this review and a promotional item to thank me for participating
With over 20 people over at house last Saturday for an Organic Wine party I wanted to come up with something I could make before the event, not have me in the kitchen all day and serve a lot of people. The Beef Checkoff campaign could not have come at a better time! Come up with something to make for a party and get to spread the word about how much we love beef. Sure, I can do that.
Italian Beef modified from the Pioneer Woman Cookbook was the winning recipe and while this does take a long time to cook, the prep time is really easy. Within 15 minutes I had this cooking away for the afternoon. By the time I came back in the house I could not believe how amazing it smelled. I was excited to eat it! A major bonus of this recipe is how many people it can feed. I bought smaller buns since I knew there would be other food as well and everyone that wanted beef got a sandwich. And it was gone in about 15 minutes. We announced that food was ready and the masses came down to load their plates.
That’s it for ingredients! Give the chuck roast a good sear and let it cook in the delicious juices for about 5 hours. So easy and so tasty.
These are just a few of the wines that we started with, by the time everyone was there the table was full. Sigh. Such a happy day.
- 4lb chuck roast
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp rosemary
- 2 tbsp beef rub
- One 16-ounce jar pepperoncini, juice and all
- Sandwich rolls
- Provolone cheese
- Season the roast with salt, pepper and spice rub.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and the canola oil in a heavy pot over high heat. Sear both sides of the chuck roast until very browned, about 5 minutes per side Pour in the beef broth and 1 cup water. Add the rosemary, and then pour in the pepperoncini with their juices. Now cover the pot and simmer until the meat is tender and falling apart, 4 to 5 hours.
- Shred the meat with two forks and return to the cooking liquid, serve immediately or keep warm until ready.
- Serve on rolls with provolone, a big serving of beef and some of the juices.
Besides being delicious what does beef do for you? It has essential vitamins and minerals, protein and can be an easy way to get a healthy dinner on the table. Do we eat beef everyday? No. But once a week or a few times a month it is pretty darn tasty.