The end of August always feels like the start of fall in MN. It is still steamy, humid and hot (it was 90+ yesterday) but it’s the kick off of our state fair. That means that school will be back in session, football is starting and the temps will slowly start to cool down.
Fall is by far my favorite season! I am a huge football fan, I love putting on a sweatshirt and sitting by a bonfire. But just because the temps are starting to cool off doesn’t mean that fitness isn’t a top priority. My workout schedule doesn’t change much season to season, year over year but there is always that desire to find cute new fall fitness items. Maybe it’s that feeling of wanting to go back to school and have all those new supplies.
- I have this thing for colorful shoes. The bright the better! I don’t want plain, boring anything (true fact about my life in general) and I got to pick up a shiny new pair of shoes. Combine my love of shoes with the fact that I was having that back to school itch and I couldn’t wait to try these out. If you are looking for a great minimalist shoe the Nike Free is it. Great for cardio, classes and lifting. (Thank you JD Sports!)
- Manduka is by far my favorite yoga brand, I have the pro mat, they own yogitoes towels and I even use their block and straps in my at home practice. When they offered to send me the new GO Free bag I was almost jumping up and down. It fits the pro mat! No other bag fits that mat. It’s my go to bag for the days I am working out after work or going to and from the gym without showering there.
- Chia Seeds. Nothing new or fancy but they go into my protein shake every single day. I currently have 3 bags in my cabinet.
- New workout clothes are a big motivator for me to workout. And I am a firm believer and use what motivates you to stay on track. I was invited to be a brand ambassador for Eleven by Venus. You know, Venus Williams the amazing and talented tennis player. She has a beautiful line of fitness apparel. High quality, fashion forward and the fabrics are amazing. We were on a fall launch call a few weeks ago and got a preview of all the colors, fabrics and patterns. I ordered a few things the next day! The Herringbone Hail Mary Tank, has beautiful back detailing and the herringbone patterns is adorable. They also have their power capris on sale for $28.90 right now. That’s a great price! I got the Navy with tie dye on the band. You can even use this discount code to get 10% of regular price items: Team11MellissaS
- My current favorite protein powder. Game Plan. I will have a giveaway coming up next week for this!
- And my flipbelt. I have one in orange and green and use them for every single gym workout. I stash my phone in it and go about my workout. The Flipbelt is probably my favorite fitness accessory! I was sent one through SweatPink ambassadors and they even offered a discount if you need one: Anything new you wanting for fall?